Tuesday, December 2, 2008
last summary.
So where do I start, I don't know that I was ever totally at ease with blogging. I don't post any personal stuff on my facebook and I didn't put too much stuff here either. Posting anything online makes it public and I wouldn't want things comming upwith clients or staff. So I feel that maybe if this had been more secure I would have shared more about my life and leisure. The people who know me know that this is the G rated version of me. Having said that, I did learn that leisure can be socially restricted and there are certain social norms, and taboos that are shed into peoples leisure choices or willingness to share these choices. Leisure isn't different for everyone, and I must say that blogging helped me understant the difference between activity and leisure. And still my best moments are when I am able to convey to people what our program is about, giving them new found respect and understanding for their own leisure. This is honestly the first class which has given me the knowledge to do so. Blogging helped with this process, because I learned to identify my leisural likes and dislikes. This is important for ones ability to teach leisure. I don't feel that I would be qualifyed or interested in running Oprahs book club ....ever! I can't teach something that I am not passionate about. Leisure to me, is whatever intrigues, challenges, excites and .....makes me feel good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good start. You have expressed ideas or leisure interests that you have but they should be connected to ideas of leisure education.6.5/10
Thank you for contributing to the class.
Post a Comment