Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Summary 1

I noticed that my first few blogs were, simple, non analitical and just me trying to figure out how this works. I thought that it was going to be like a previous class were we log our leisure. But now I started to understand how I can relate the readings, theories and defenitions to my leisure experiences.
I hesitated to put "my leisure time" which we agreed should not be used to define leisure. I understand why we agreed on this, but I have to play the devils advocate. For the past three years my work has been crazy, I mean 60 to 90 hrs a week. So living with this situation, I have to say that, time is my biggest constraint and if I were making my definition ,time would defenetly be used. It's also what I value the most.
I can also say that at this point we have to alter or settle for certain leisurly experiences which might not be our ideal or ultimate choice. I mean that because I don't have time to go play hockey or run, which are my first choices, I settle for playing my favorite tracks really lound while I'm stuk in traffic on my way to work. This also leads back to my last blog, were I think that some people loose alot of themselves because of lack of freedom to choose leisure. To some degree this aspect is what keeps many people sain. Or maybe it's just me....

1 comment:

MommyLife said...

6/10= Good start. You have expressed ideas or leisure interests that you have but they should be connected to ideas of leisure education.