Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Review 2

I wasn't sure how I wanted to do my second review. I was at my new job yesterday and we were discussing my possible full time position. Then we got onto the topic of what I study and of course I had to say leisure studies, to which I got the usual response of "do we just play activities and party". And after having established a definition through class discussions and readings, even through my own leisure values; I was able to explain to them the importance of leisure in our lives. Leisure plays a key role on our physical and mental health, not to mention on socialization. I was also able to explain the differences between free time, sports and activities, which may not necessarly be considered as leisure. They also understood that often people need help feeling fullfilled during their leisure time. This might be due to lack of skill, knowlegde, opportunity or even disability, which all impact our freedom to acheive complete leisure experiences/moments.

1 comment:

Jessica A said...

Nice blog summary. Expresses important ideas about leisure in your life and is related to course content. 8/10